Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Insidious (**1/2 out of ****)

I can say quite confidently that my opinion means little here. Not that I'm wrong in any sense but I really would like the viewer to make their own. Insidious has a world of it's own that is more terrifying than any other horror film in years. Its imagination is daring and the film's best quality. However there are scenes here that are both silly and mood ruining. A strength the film finds is letting the audience work it's own theories but this ends around an hour in. The film casts aside wild dreams for basic explanation. So the audience is expected to know everything but it just leads us into confusion. Rose Byrne and Patrick Wilson do their best and never skip a beat even when the story requires the use of force pushes to gain the audiences attention. It has some good a lot of potential but I also saw some serious problems. However this is my opinion and I will respect just about anything anybody says about the film. Just don't say it is a total disaster. I had some fun and fear while watching it and I feel that is there general view as well.

**1/2 out of ****
(I avoided a picture of the demons because I think they should be seen for yourself)

No comments:

Post a Comment