Monday, August 1, 2011

Camille (5.5/10)

Big time spoiler:

So have you too ever wanted to watch Sienna Miller wearing a red wig and a wedding dress ride a horse painted blue (american flag reference)? Then only to walk past a bunch of cops in a standoff with James Franco, but they don't care as she goes by? To then finally pick him up on the horse and jump off a cliff into Niagara Falls? Well I didn't want to see this but I'm glad I did because it is the most bizarre thing since... well the giant metal elephant I saw in "Red Riding Hood". I was in the mood for a indie comedy after reading some great things on upcoming movie "Terri", but this was not what I was looking for.

Sienna Miller and James Franco are newlyweds on a road trip to Niagara Falls. Franco's character despises Miller's and really questions why he'd marry her in the first place. I think he'd prefer the jail time he was getting in and out off before meeting her. The two get into an accident and flown off their motorcycle. I thought there's no way one of them isn't dead. GUESS WHAT!!! Sienna Miller dies and comes back as a Zombie powered by her love for Franco!!! Well now he starts to fall in love with her maybe he's a necrophilia or something. This is a "what the hell?" kind of movie. It's definitely an original plot, something I like, but this film goes no where and lacks any special connection. It's very strange but maybe that's the best thing it has going for it.

5.5/10
Recommendation: Romantic stuff with a weird twist. I'd pass it by unless what I said above sounds interesting. It's ok but it wasn't for me, I found it to be mediocre really.

No comments:

Post a Comment