Monday, August 8, 2011

The Man from Nowhere (7/10)

So this was a pretty good revenge thriller. Too bad that's all it really was. I heard favorable things saying it was one of the best in the genre and very unique. I didn't see that. It's about a mysterious and dangerous looking pawn shop operator. Well the sweet little girl in the apartment upstairs gets kidnapped and he won't  stop until he finds her. Turns out the pawn shop operator has a dark past. I'm not going to look up actors names because me listing a bunch of South Korean actors won't get me anywhere. It's a good movie but I expected more. However I will say the director Jeong-beom Lee is somebody to look out for. He carefully crafts each shot in a inciting way. It's good but I think my expectations were high.

7/10
Recommendation: Soldi revenge thriller if your looking for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment