Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Trust (7.5/10)

"Trust" is a powerful movie, it has a lot going for it. Too bad I thought some scenes were silly rather than engaging. The film is about 14 year old Annie (A terrific Liana Liberato) and a man named Charlie. Notice I use the word "man" because that's what he is. She starts chatting  online to who she believes is a 16 year old Californian boy (I think we see where this going). Well one lie leads to the next and Annie will never be the same again. Clive Owen and Catherine Keener play Annie's parents who try to deal with a situation they know nothing about. "Trust" doesn't follow a simple tim making style but instead tries to show scenes that define the characters. It was something new and quite interesting. The plot is draining in a good way and much like "Zodiac" you want the evil doer punished. However tis story is more about surviving with what happened then Clive Own going all Charles Bronson on this Charlie. If the movie didn't have those seems that made me laugh when I should be feeling bad (namely a volleyball scene) I'd have called it a fantastic movie. So I'll say it's great but David Schwimmer as the director is it's greatest strength and maybe it's biggest flaw as well.

7.5/10
Recommendation: Doesn't hold back and quite informative, but like I said it may not be as powerful as it could have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment