Sunday, July 24, 2011

S1mone (6/10)

So yea... this was not doing it for me. This was the last Andrew Niccol film I had to see before I finished his entire collection. I'm really looking forward to his next movie "In Time" (look it up, it's got an awesome preview). I really hope it doesn't end up like this one.

"S1mone"stars Al Pacino sporting some strange russian like name, anyway, he's a failing director/producer. Actors treat him like crap and make all these demands, and gosh darn it is Al Pacino sick of it. Well a dying Elias Koteas offers him a solution. He gives him a program to make a digital woman. Now Pacino can photoshop an actress into scenes that will do exactly what as he a director wants. I actually liked the concept of the movie, but to bad the movie is predictable and does nothing to set itself apart. It's not a bad movie, but considering it's from the writer of "The Truman Show" and the director of "Gattaca" and "Lord of War", this is nothing to brag about.

6/10
Recommendation: ummmm... If it's on give it a shot, no need to go out otherwise unless you like the actors (Pacino, Rachel-Wood and Keener).

No comments:

Post a Comment