Saturday, July 30, 2011

Red Riding Hood (3/10)

The only reason and trust me... it's the only reason I watched this was because I've been very tired over the past few days. I needed some background noise for my nap so that's why it tainted it my PS3. My dad rented this crap because Gary Oldman was in it, otherwise I'm sure it would have never entered my home. So is this what "Twilight" is like? If so then I understand the hate it gets and understand even less why people would like it at all. "Red Riding Hood" is a horrendous film that fails on about every level.

So the plot, yes as bad as it is there is one, is about Valerie (Amanda Seyfried showing what I think the acting skills of a mannequin are) choosing between the two loves of her life. What will an attractive and boring girl do in a even more boring germanic town. Well there's Peter (Shiloh Fernandez in a performance  that makes you want to punch him in the face), the bad boy wood cutter and Henry (Max Irons, please tell me that's a stage name) the rich blacksmith. Well the love triangle will bore you to tears so let's throw something to spice it up. There's a werewolf running around town and it may be one of the two potential lovers. Gary Oldman shows up with a entourage of jerk off soldiers to hunt this creature. I'd prefer he'd kill the whole town but there was a only a small chance of happening. What's even better is the soldiers bring a torture device in the shape of a giant metal elephant. Now if you don't think that is one of the most ridiculous thing you've heard of then you have seen some strange things. I wondered more about way they had this thing rather than who the werewolf was or anything else.

This is an terrible movie that deserves all the nasty things you can think to says about it. It's perhaps some of the worst cinematography and art direction I've ever seen. Acting and directing shit holes. This is about as bad as a movie can get. Anyway this is currently sitting at my second worse of the year, a fact I decided about ten minutes after watching it. Like I said earlier I wish some twist was involved where somebody would kill everybody in the village. The best option being the metal elephant coming to life and running rampart of the town.

3/10
Recommendation: Stay Away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment