Friday, July 22, 2011

The Lincoln Lawyer (7/10)

I enjoy characters like these. Mick Haller (Matthew McConaughey) is a man that has mastered his craft to a science. Somebody says something and the next move and two steps after that are already in his head. It reminded me of "Michael Clayton" a genius film where a lead knows exactly what to do in a dire situation. The film throughs some twists and most are good, not all.

So Mick Haller is a lawyer that is known for getting criminals off. He doesn't do it because he's evil. It's because the D.A here is corrupt enough where criminals are judged unfairly. Even these crooks deserve a fair trail. He takes on a client with some dark secrets and things will get out of hand. Maybe for the first time in Mick's life.

"Lincoln Lawyer" is a standard movie that does well with it's work. Nothing amazing but I'd say it's quite a good film still. "Lincoln Lawyer" is still one of the more practical and better star power driven dramas I've seen this year.

7/10
Recommendation: Interesting crime movie with some entertaining yet predictable twists. I'd watch it, I even would rent it if there's no other film catching your eye at the RedBox (I still hate RedBox though).

No comments:

Post a Comment