Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas (**1/2 out of ****)

So here we are again and I have to say that I like being here. Stoner buddies Harold (John Cho) and Kumar (Kal Penn) are back to their hilarious hijinks. This time instead of going somewhere in particular, our two heroes are looking for a specific christmas tree. Harold's father in law has spent years growing this perfect tree and when it gets destroyed (Kumar is the culprit of course), the two buddies scramble around NYC looking for this rare type of tree. The jokes are over the top and pushing borders. That's the best way to make a such a comedy. In a world where jokes are recycled day in day out, this film tries some new things. Not to many new jokes to make it brilliant but enough to get me laughing. I enjoy the series but unfortunately I have to say this is the weakest. Yet this is still a very funny film. There is a lot of returning characters and some new ones (both welcomed in this series). I had a lot of fun watching it and I don't see why anybody wouldn't (maybe they like pancakes).

**1/2 out of ****

No comments:

Post a Comment