Sunday, May 8, 2011

Fast Five (7/10)

What did you expect? Honestly I should just give it a great rating cause it achieves it's purpose so well. Great chase scenes, adrenaline fueled fights, hot chicks, and chaos in a car. It has it all and is probably the best of the series. It's not original but any means, but it's "Fast Five"... not "The Godfather".

Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, and Jordana Brewster are back and are better then ever (not much to compete against). The plot revolves them putting together a team to steal $100 million from Reyes, a Brazilian crime lord. However The Rock (he'll always be that to me) is a tough son of a bitch federal agent hunting down our heros believing they killed three DEA agents (Reyes is really responsible, hardly a spoiler). The film is very similar to "The Italian Job", actually it's almost the same thing in the end. However because I like "The Italian Job" I was bound to like this movie too. It's over the top but I'm glad it was. The Fast and Furious has gone out on a high note (I hope, this was suppose to be the last and very well should be).

So the American public, the movie critics and I are in agreement. "Fast Five" is fun. It's not a great movie, but once again... what did you expect? I watch all kinds of movies. I mean I love movies like "Wall-E" and "Ponyo" but also love "Oldboy", "Pulp Fiction" and "Machete". I'll give anything a shot if I think it has potential. So "Fast Five" does what it sets out to do. Those who think your too smart for such a movie, have fun with whatever your watching. We'll be watching Vin Diesel and The Rock throw each other through walls and love every second of it.

7/10
Recommendation: Fans of the series need to see this and just anyone who wants near mindless mayhem.

No comments:

Post a Comment